Ecodynamics is proud to be partners with Hope Street, a charity that aims to help young people and young families who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness by providing resources, support, compassion, and opportunities to fulfil their full potential.
Some members of the Ecodynamics team volunteered their time and resources to the organization’s veggie and herb gardens yesterday.
This is what was involved:
- variety of vegetable and herb plants donated
- 3 vegetable garden beds (1 newly built, 2 weeded and cleaned up)
- installed and built 1 raised herb garden bed
- to clean up the backyard, we mowed and whipper snipped it
- fresh soil to fill up the garden beds
- pea straw on top of garden beds (to improve water retention)
By spending time in the garden nurturing plants and growing their own food, many of the children and adults should be able to acquire new skills, have fun, play, and develop self-confidence. Most kids love being outside, digging in the dirt, getting messy, making things, and watching plants develop.