Commercial Landscape Team Leader (VIC)
Ecodynamics Landscaping is a member of the Ecodynamics Group, a landscape services organisation operating across Victoria, South Australia and New South Wales.
Our Landscaping division has been in business for over 30 years and has developed to become one of the major commercial landscapers in the industry.
We are seeking a full time, permanent Team Leader to assist in the effective and efficient delivery of commercial landscaping projects for private, local government and major civil infrastructure clients throughout the greater Melbourne and Geelong areas. Our team structure consists of State Managers, Project Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and Crew Members supported by our experienced Corporate Services team and efficient and certified business systems.
As a Landscape Team Leader, you will be responsible for working with and supervising the day to day work and functioning of one, or multiple crews assisting with the the effective and efficient delivery our client’s landscape construction requirements.
You will be responsible for:
- Interpretation of landscape plans
- Delivery of soft and hard landscaping works which could include, but not be limited to ground preparation, jute matting, planting of terrestrial or aquatic plants, concreting, timber edging, laying paths, erection of playground/seating etc.
- Keeping comprehensive works records
- Induction of new employees into the team
- Day to day upkeep and maintenance of equipment
- Being a Company Safety Champion
- Adhering to the accredited Company QA and WHS systems
As a Team Leader you will have a number of Ecodynamics crew members and labour hire crew directly reporting to you whilst on site and possibly multiple crews for larger projects. You will:
- Ensure on ground skill development of crew members
- Lead crew members in accordance with Operational, OH&S and HR Policies and Procedures
Skills / Tickets
- You will have a horticulture or landscape construction qualification and/or demonstrable experience in a Team Leader role in the commercial landscaping / civil construction industry
- You will have strong leadership skills and the ability to positively motivate a crew
- You will have good organisation skills
- You must hold a medium or heavy rigid licence and construction induction card
- You will ideally hold a ChemCert chemical ticket and first aid ticket.
Hours of Work
Our standard hours of work are 7.00am to 3.30pm Monday to Thursday and 7am to 1pm Fridays (with minor seasonal adjustments). Limited overtime and occasional weekend / night works may be available.
What we Offer in Return
- A competitive hourly rate including higher rates for major projects plus multiple allowances as detailed in our generous Victorian Enterprise Agreement.
- Free Income Protection and Trauma Insurance Policy
- Membership of our Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family
- Scholarship Program opportunities available to further your formal education
- Promotional and development opportunities throughout the Ecodynamics Group of companies.
To apply for this role, please visit the job posting on Seek
For a full Position Description, please email [email protected]
Ecodynamics Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of society.