Landscape Supervisor – Adelaide
Who is Ecodynamics?
Ecodynamics is a major commercial landscaper providing hard and soft landscaping solutions in Victoria, South Australia and New South Wales. Our Mission is “to be recognized nationally as the partner of choice in developing landscape solutions, products and services”.
We undertake projects for local government, tier 1 construction and sub-divisional clients. Ecodynamics Landscaping is part of the Ecodynamics Group of companies. Our field staff are supported by our accredited Quality and WHS systems and our dedicated Corporate Services team.
Why the Landscaping Industry?
With our Group Vision of “Greening and Nurturing our Communities”, our Landscape Supervisors use their civil construction and/or horticultural skills and experience for sustainable and environmentally respectful purposes.
Unlike in the construction industry, our Landscape Supervisors rarely work Saturdays and their workload is flexible enough to provide them with reasonable work hours and more time to spend with their families and friends.
We have exciting opportunities for Landscape Supervisors to help deliver results in the Adelaide major projects / local government / subdivisional landscaping industries.
The effective and efficient delivery of client requirements is our core business and the role of Landscape Supervisor is pivotal to the success of our projects. Our Supervisors are mainly site based working on a variety of landscaping projects throughout the Greater Adelaide area.
The successful candidates will join a professional team of project managers, landscape supervisors, team leaders and landscapers.
The positions encompass the following responsibilities:
- Construct and maintain successful landscapes in accordance with project designs and based on sound horticultural best practices.
- Interpret site conditions and characteristics and recommend appropriate responses
- Agree critical timeframes with project managers and clients
- Interpret and implement landscape plans
- Coordinate and communicate with clients and subcontractors as required
- Provide comprehensive record of on-site works to aid in the tracking of labour costing and project variations and the creation of ‘as-built’ drawings
- Establish and maintain site depots
The Suitable Candidates:
- You have strong leadership qualities and the capacity to work as a senior member of a highly skilled professional team
- You are able to demonstrate ethical and constructive behaviours and lead by example providing feedback and influencing other employees
- You have demonstrated experience working in the construction or landscaping industry in Australia
- You have an interest in and knowledge of native plants
- You have demonstrated working knowledge of workplace / construction site safety requirements and procedures.
- You are proactive, highly motivated and deliver quality output under pressure to meet tight timeframes and manage competing priorities.
- You thrive in a friendly and approachable, yet high paced work environment and are keen to motivate and develop through coaching and counselling.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to help build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
If you are enthusiastic, energetic and want to join our friendly team, please apply via Seekand send us a covering letter and your resume telling us a bit about yourself and what you think you could bring to these positions. We warmly welcome applications from people of all cultural backgrounds, gender, age, ability etc.
We are offering fabulous opportunities to work within a small diverse, energetic and passionate team, a competitive annual salary + super + tablet and phone + the use of a vehicle for business purposes.