What is Hydromulching?
Hydromulching is the application of mulches, glues, seeds, stabilizers and soil amendments to the surface of the soil for the primary objective of revegetation.
Advantages of Hydromulching
- Conventional Hydromulching is suitable for low rainfall erosive environments, where slopes are shallow.
- Hydromulch has a higher water capacity, maintaining two and a half times its dried weight in water.
- Seed placed at the correct depth within Hydromulch for optimal germination, protecting it from wind and birds, while providing uniform coverage.
- Hose and monitor options allow for installation of product in steep or difficult access slopes and batters.
- Ameliorates (including fertiliser, lime, etc) may be added to hydromulch to improve soil nutrients and as such seed germination.
- Water holding capacity of hydromulch increases the speed of germination due to seed’s prolonged contact with water.
- Tackifier added to the mulch creates a water stable surface capable of repeated wetting and drying, without losing strength after rain events.
- The combination of monitor and extension hoses in our custom-built hydromulching unit allows us the flexibility to carry out work over a range of landscapes efficiently.