Collaborating with Major Road Projects Victoria to green Hoddle Street
Notice that Hoddle Street looks a little bit greener? We’ve recently wrapped up works on Major Roads’ Streamlining Hoddle project.
As the busiest arterial road in Melbourne, Hoddle Street funnels 330,000 vehicles along and across it per day, and is a critical link from the Monash Freeway in the south to the Eastern Freeway in the north.
Beautifying Hoddle Street with Indigenous plants
We’ve installed lots of new street trees along Hoddle Street, the entrance ramp to the Eastern Freeway, and hundreds of trees and shrubs on the freeway itself underneath the Hoddle Street bridge.
Some of the indigenous plants installed included:
- Eucalyptus Sideroxlyn (Red Ironbark)
- Eucalyptus Viminalis (Manna Gum)
- Acacia Acinacea (Wreath Wattle)
- Westringia Fruticosa (Native Rosemary)
- Leptospermum Continentale (Prickly Tea-Tree)