creating Greener futures
Ecodynamics is a vertically integrated landscaping construction, materials and services company, providing tailored solutions for all your landscaping requirements throughout Victoria, South Australia and New South Wales.
What we do
No matter what aspect of your landscape you're looking for a solution to, Ecodynamics has you covered.
Flexible, quick, and efficient material blowing and hydromulching services.
Learn more about our extensive range of Mossrock™ Mulch products.
Specialist, large scale landscape construction, delivered by the industry experts.
Our Nurseries grow over 2 million plants per year, with profits supporting our local communities.
Ecodynamics launches their new social enterprise, the Ecodynamics Nursery
Today, Ecodynamics hosted an industry event to celebrate the launch of our new social enterprise, the Ecodynamics Nursery. With operations in both Victoria and South Australia, our nurseries grow over two million indigenous plants every year for aquatic and terrestrial landscapes.
The social enterprise has been established to mitigate the impacts of climate change through urban greening, and we will be working with industry partners and local communities to distribute a portion of the profits from the nursery to assist with our mission of creating greener futures.
The first of these projects will be The Living Pavilion. Part of CLIMARTE’s ‘ART+CLIMATE=CHANGE 2019’ festival, The Living Pavilion will be a recyclable, biodegradable, edible and biodiverse event space that celebrates Indigenous knowledge systems, ecological science and sustainable design through participatory arts practice.
CLIENT Level Crossing Removal Authority (LXRA)
Grange Rd Level Crossing Removal
As part of the Victorian State Government’s Level Crossing Removal Project, Ecodynamics were engaged by North West Program Alliance to construct both the hard and soft scaping elements for the Grange Rd Level Crossing removal project. This included construction of decking, installation of street furniture and defensive bollards, and extensive planting along Wingrove Street to beautify the streetscape.
- Ecodynamics worked closely with North West Program Alliance on the construction phase, making suggestions for design alterations to ensure the landscaping would be a lasting legacy for the local community.
- Practical Completion was achieved in August 2018, ahead of schedule allowing the public space to be handed back to the community sooner.
Client Kennett Builders
Ecodynamics’ South Australian team were engaged to construct both hard and soft landscapes for Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre (FRAC), a contemporary community leisure facility in the seaside town of Victor Harbour.
- Softscaping elements included:
- 2600m2 of instant turf
- 4500m2 of irrigated garden beds, and
- planting of over 17,000 plants.
- Rock lined bioswales to improve storm water runoff, timber logs and playground boulders were also constructed by the team
- FRAC has been nominated for a Master Landscapers of South Australia “2018 Award of Excellence”
New South Wales
Client Fulton Hogan
Ecodynamics were engaged by Fulton Hogan to re-establish sections of Rainforest, Warm Temperate Forest, Riverbank and Wet Forest vegetation communities on the 11.6km Foxground and Berry Bypass.
The project was completed ahead of time and budget. This change in methodology allowed our Client to:
- Ecodynamics worked closely with land care groups who supplied locally collected seed that was incorporated into the Hydromulch mixes, including some rare rainforest species.
- Our Hydromulching solution provided an immediate, positive environmental and aesthetic impact, preventing erosion and runoff from entering waterways.
- The success of the project Fulton Hogan with the IECA Australasia Environmental Excellence Award 2016.
Mulch / Soil
Have you ever stopped to wonder what difference Ecodynamics Services could make to your next project? On an average sized job of 50m3, we can save you thousands of dollars.
- Installation time slashed from 4 days on average to just ½ day using our specialised blowing equipment
- No risk of physical strain to your employees
- The time saved means you can move on to your next job quicker
- We have our own range of souls that are designed to blow easily and enhance landscaping outcomes
- Like to know more? Read our Case Study which details all the facts and figures
Nothing is more important than the safety and wellbeing of our children. Mossrock™ Softfall is made in Melbourne from quality controlled, clean fresh virgin pine.
- Exclusively used by a large number of Local Government Park Departments and numerous schools throughout Victoria and New South Wales
- Independently tested by Acousto-scan in New South Wales
- Meets Australian standard AS/NZS4422 and AS4685 and Education Department guidelines.
Client Delta Group / Caydon Property Group
Underneath Melbourne’s iconic Nylex clock, civil contractor Delta Group in conjunction with property developer Caydon were looking for an innovative solution to a problem all too familiar to those in the construction game; airborne dust particles, which were polluting the site and surrounds in neighbouring Cremorne.
- Our Services division worked collaboratively with Delta to formulate a dust suppression solution specifically for the site
- Specialist hydroseeding equipment was used to safely and efficiently cover the site in the custom solution, ready for future construction activity.
The evolution of a diversified landscaping solutions business
The Ecodynamics story began in 1989, when three friends saw an opportunity to set up a business to keep themselves employed. Over the years this need for a job has expanded into a specialist landscape construction company to service the civil infrastructure industry, providing jobs for over 125 people. As the only business of its kind in the country, Ecodynamics utilise our extensive in-house resources to provide our clients with the best solution for their project.
To be recognised as the partner of choice in developing landscape solutions, products and services.
Creating Greener futures
We recognise and celebrate our ability to create lasting good through our work: providing rewarding careers, creating healthy environments and building strong communities
With over three decades experience in commercial landscaping and formal qualifications in sustainability, engineering and horticulture, our Board of Directors are actively involved in the day to day running of the business
combined years of experience
years in business
employees across four divisions and three States
Ecodynamics’ Services division are the experts in supply and installation of all landscape and construction materials.
Produced in house, our product range includes:
- The Ecodynamics range of soils
- An extensive array of Mossrock™ mulches including softfall, recycled, pine and coloured mulches
- A variety of locally sourced aggregates including scoria, pea gravel and crushed rock
- Unique materials handling equipment for installing material by conveyor or hose
Pioneers of materials blowing in Victoria, we’ve got almost two decades of experience and expertise that we bring to every project and every customer we service.
For over 45 years, our Mulch division has been producing the Mossrock™ range of mulches. With a wide variety of mulches produced in house across three sites in Melbourne, Mossrock™ mulches suit a wide variety of projects, including:
- The Education sector
- Commercial building projects
- Domestic gardens
As the State’s largest recycler of timber, Ecodynamics Mulch diverts quality used timber from landfill and recycles it into garden mulch.
If you’re driving around New South Wales, South Australia or Victoria, chances are you’ll be driving through a landscape we have built. But whilst civil road and infrastructure projects are core business for our landscaping team, that’s not all we do. We’ve also delivered major projects across a variety of sectors such as:
- Rail (including numerous Level Crossing Removal projects, and the Victorian State Government’s SkyRail project)
- Parks and Leisure for local government
- Land development, including new estates
- Energy, including mine and windfarm projects
With an unrivalled breadth and depth of experience and an extensive range of plant and equipment, Ecodynamics’ Landscaping team utilises the extensive resources of each division of our business to help you achieve your landscaping goals.
Since the inception of the Ecodynamics business almost 30 years ago, we’ve grown indigenous plants for aquatic and terrestrial landscapes – some two million plants per annum, in fact.
With Nurseries in Victoria and South Australia, Ecodynamics grow native plants to service both our own projects, and to meet market demand.
In 2018, our Nursery became a social enterprise, with a portion of the profits to be used to help those in our community that share our vision of creating greener futures. We will do this by:
- Being an employer of choice by providing employment opportunities for disadvantaged people
- Acknowledging, highlighting and stressing environmental issues, such as the Urban Heat Island effect
- Partnering with organisations that share our passion for the environment to mitigate the impacts of climate change
Vegetation within urban areas and public open space has a vital role in improving landscape amenity and community health outcomes. In conjunction with our partners, we aim to provide environments that encourage exercise and enhance wellbeing.
Our people are our strength. We believe in supporting and developing each other, and having fun while we do it. We believe that regardless of gender, ethnicity, age or ability, everybody is equal and deserves a fair go.
We stand for
Get the latest on the issues you care about.
Sign up to our monthly ecoDynamics Newsletter that gives you all the latest info on our news, campaigns, events and lots more.